I have ridden bicycles since a small boy - for freedom, transportation, enjoyment and even to make money on my paper route. But cycling became a passion back in the 1980s, and since then I have ridden about 5000 miles per year most years. Since retiring I have had the time to do some extended tours, including:
- A solo cross-country ride in 2010 from St Augustine to San Diego.
- A supported ride in 2011 with cycling friends. For the most part we followed the Missouri River from Kansas City to Glacier National Park.
- In 2015 Geneva and I joined some of these same cycling friends for a ride from Missoula, MT, to the Cascade Mountains in Washington state.
- In 2018 I rode from Gettysburg, PA, to Pittsburgh via the C&O Canal towpath and the Great Allegheny Passage multi-use path.
I have kept a travel log of these tours and the links to them are below.
Get out there and ride.
Phillip Gentle, January 2019
Cycling Web Sites
- Link to my CrazyGuyOnABike Bio
- Link to 2010 Southern Tier Bike Tour
- Link to Discovery 2011 Bike Tour
- Link to 2015 A Piece of the Oblique Bike Tour
- Link to 2018 Count Your Blessings Ride